Specialised Cleaning & Restoration Industry Association
The Specialised Cleaning & Restoration Industry Association Inc (SCRIA Inc) is a registered Trade Association, representing the carpet, upholstery cleaning and restoration industries (formally NUCCRA).Our aim is to continually improve the level of professionalism, training, education and ongoing technical development of the industry, while providing consumers with the sound knowledge that employing the services of a SCRIA member represents quality and professionalism.
Benefits for Consumers Employing a SCRIA Member
- Knowing that your property will be cleaned, maintained and restored to the highest standard;
- Knowing that the company you are employing have undergone specialised industry training;
- Knowing that the company you are employing has adequate insurance in place in case something goes wrong; and
- Knowing that if you have an issue with the company you can follow the complaints procedure of SCRIA and have the complaint followed up
Code of Practice
In accordance with the Constitution, SCRIA has a Code of Practice which must be strictly adhered to by all members. Members agree to:
- Abide by the Association’s rules and work to help achieve the aims and objectives of the National Upholstery, Carpet Cleaners & Restorers Association Inc.
- Strive constantly to improve the image of the industry and to promote the Association in the interests of the industry and the community.
- Maintain a high standard of technical performance as required by the Association through the provision of adequate equipment, training and qualified personnel.
- Recognise and respect the rights of our clients, and provide courteous and prompt handling of all service requests.
- Recognise and respect the rights of our professional competitors in a free competitive market system.
- Conform with all aspects of legislation relevant to our industry including Trade Practices, consumer protection, environmental protection, Occupational Health and Safety, consumer safety and industry employment regulations.
- Provide adequate safeguards for clients, employees and the general public by way of Public Liability and Workers’ Compensation insurance.
- Ensure that advertising and representation of service is honest, researched, factual and not misleading to the consumer, and that it is in the interests of the industry and the community.
Link Information Provided : http://www.scria.org.au/code-of-practice/