Under Water to Under Control with McArdles Water Damage Restoration Service
Having your home damaged by water can be a frustrating and upsetting experience. Whether by natural flood or plumbing mistake, water damage can mean the risk of losing your:
- Valuable possessions such as books and photos
- And more
To limit the damage to your property, it’s important you get the assistance of qualified experts as soon as possible.
Water damage restoration is more complicated than most people believe; making using experienced technicians with specialised equipment a necessity. In a water-damaged home, it’s the water you can’t see which poses the most problems.
The difference between dumb water and smart water
After a flood, there are two types of water – dumb water and smart water. Dumb water can’t hide and will be visible. You’ll see dumb water on the top of your carpet or in a drip running down your wall. But smart water is craftier and knows where to hide. You won’t spot it visually, but its presence can lead to serious problems.
The dangers of smart water and how to overcome them
Smart water hiding in your carpet, flooring and structural cavities represents the biggest threat to both the well-being of your family and your bank account. These sneaky pockets of saturation can cause discolouration, warping, splitting, musty odours and mold growth.
To dry up even the smartest water, you need an experienced water damage restoration team with specialised equipment to handle the job.At McArdles, we’ve developed a three-step process to safely and effectively restore water damage:
Step 1: Contain early losses
We rush to the scene to prevent further damages from occurring. After years of experience in the community, we know exactly what to do to stand the best chance of saving your belongings.
By acting quickto remove dumb water, the first step is taken to save yourcarpets, floors and furniture. Within 24 hours of us attending the location we will provide you with a written report that will assist you with making your insurance claim.
Step 2: Structural dehumidification
After visible water has been removed, we may need to to address the smart water. If smart water is present on your property, we will install powerful dehumidification machines that evaporate the water hiding in carpets and structural cavities.
By using both refrigerant dehumidifiers (great for warm, humid conditions) and desiccant dehumidifiers (better for cooler climates), we have the technology to adapt to any situation you face.
Step 3: Mould remediation
Mould can infest your home in as little as 48-72 hours, producing allergens and irritants that can impact your family’s health. If your property has had water damage, there’s a chance that mould is present. If you suspect your home has a mould problem, you need a certified IICRC technician to inspect the damage and assess the health risks.
Mould remediation is the safe reduction of mould to healthy levels. McArdles uses a 6-step process to ensure effective mould remediation:
- Assessment– A trained technician inspects your property to find the source of the problem. If needed, we will analyse surface or air quality through lab tests. We will then formulate a mould remediation plan.
- Containment – Once the source of the moisture is addressed, the affected area is closed off to avoid contaminating the rest of your home with mould spores stirred up during the removal process.
- Filtration – HEPA filters will be used to clean the air of mould spores and other particles.
- Removal –We assess building materials and personal belongings in your home on a case-by-case basis. The safest and most effective way to ensure mould doesn’t return is to remove all affected material.
- Drying – Cleaned and repaired items must remain thoroughly dry. Remember, excessive moisture is how the issue started.
- Testing – Following remediation, we search for any signs of recurrent water damage, mouldy odors or visible mould to ensure the cleanup has been successful.
Take your first step in water damage restoration now
After years of experience helping families overcome the shock and devastation of water damage, we’ve learned how to get results fast. Let us help you through this difficult period. Give us a call now and explain what has happened in your home. We’ll be happy to provide you with any advice we can, and promise to provide you with the most effective water restoration service possible.
Invalid Displayed Gallery