What to Expect from our Carpet Cleaning Technicians
McArdles has long been the market leader in carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning and sealing, vinyl strip and seal, upholstery cleaning and carpet, fabric protection, and water damage restoration in Australia. Our staff members are proud to display their extensive credentials and continuing education with Australian Cleaning and Restoration Academy (ACRA) on a weekly basis, regarding all textiles and cleaning. We are prepared to give cleaning care advice backed by our team’s expert knowledge. McArdles enjoy raising the bar on industry standards and exceeding all our customer expectations.
Our Carpet Cleaning Technicians are individuals who are knowledgeable and certified through educational organisations such as ACRA, IICRC and RIA and who demonstrate an understanding of the following elements:
- All methods of carpet cleaning and the proper conditions and situations in which to use them.
- How chemicals affect textiles, dyes, spots, indoor air quality, carpet warranties, and individuals.
- Identification of fibre types and basic construction of carpet, rugs and upholstery.
- The industry guidelines and proper cleaning procedures for the diverse types of fibres.
- Strong customer relations.
- Impeccable moral and ethical standards.
Our On-Location Carpet Cleaning Technicians utilise the industry’s finest equipment and cleaning processes, At McArdles we have invested in over $60,000 in our equipment in each one of our carpet cleaning vans, which enables us to care more about the outcome of our work and provide the best possible service to you, our customer. We offer the following:
- Free written estimates.
- A description of carpet problems with a knowledgeable explanation of these problems and workable solutions.
- A fresh, clean carpet with little to no residue left in your carpets, keeping them cleaner for longer!
- Special attention to spots and heavy traffic areas.
- Moving of furniture (if desired) with the care it deserves. Please note: If furniture moving is excessive or unusual, there may be an extra labour charge applied.
- All furniture is put back into place with pads or Styrofoam blocks to ensure against furniture stain migration into the carpet.
- All Technicians must pass and maintain certification requirements of certification as well as our rigorous training and procedures put in place by our director to maintain knowledge and understanding of cleaning.
- Our trucks are equipped with environmentally safe cleaning solutions to handle a variety of situations and needs.
- A healthier indoor environment for your family and pets.
- We also offer a variety stain protectors to ensure future protection against accidental spills.
- We stand behind all the services we offer, and that’s why we have our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Any concerns or dissatisfaction expressed regarding the cleaning should be called into our office as soon as possible. We will be happy to inspect and assess the problems and concerns immediately.
What Process do you use to clean carpet?
Most of the carpet cleaning we do is the “rotary hot water extraction” method, also known as “rotary steam cleaning.” Our rotary hot water extraction method removes the toughest, deepest dirt safely and gently. Hot, soft water and a specially formulated cleaning solution are injected deep within the carpet fibres. Then, a powerful suction extracts deep-down dirt, allergens, cleaning solution and 95% of the moisture. It’s the cleaning method most recommended by carpet manufacturers. At McArdles we have invested in over $60,000 in our equipment in each one of our carpet cleaning vans, which enables us to care more about the outcome of our work and provide the best possible service to you, our customer
This process is used by over 90% of all carpet cleaning companies across the country and recommended by most major carpet manufacturers. There is a reason for this; it’s the best! However, McArdles technicians are certified in all methods of cleaning and we clean according to the manufacturer recommendations and industry standards.
Do I need to vacuum before you arrive?
McArdles offers various carpet cleaning packages in which vacuuming is included; such as our premium care package, this service is the most thorough cleaning service available on the market within Australia, and not a lot of carpet cleaner or cleaners use this method, we can show you just how well our vacuums can remove dry soils from your carpet; ask about our demo bowl.
Vacuuming is not included in the ‘move out carpet cleaning service’. For this service, it is a requirement that you vacuum beforehand or have our technicians pre-vacuum at an additional cost. We use high powered commercial vacuum cleaners that are the best on the market, please ask for a demonstration with our demo bowl.
How long will it take to clean my carpets?
It goes without saying that a great cleaning company will do whatever it takes to get the job done right. Cleaning times depend on the ease of set-up, stains, soil levels, furniture moving and more. This time can vary greatly depending on the amount of furniture to be moved, how soiled the carpet is, and any necessary spot removal treatments. For our premium care service, there is a lot more steps, so this will take a longer time to clean, time information below;
Premium Care Package; 20 m2 to 25 m2 = 1 hour of cleaning
Standard Service: 35 m2 to 40 m2 = 1 hour of cleaning
Move Out Service: 50 m2 to 60 m2 = 1 hour of cleaning
How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
Dry time is affected by type and thickness of the carpet, water retention qualities of the carpet fibre, humidity, temperature and air flow to the area. With our premium care package a drying process is included, you can see the difference in packages on this page; Residential Carpet Cleaning. Generally our drying time with our premium service is between 2 and 6 hours.
Many of our customers are worried about the winter season so they don’t want to get there carpets cleaned, our winter in the Orange and Bathurst area it can get very cold, as we all know. That’s why we have developed the premium care cleaning process that includes drying steps and procedure for a technicians to follow. We guarantee that if you get your carpets cleaned in the winter time that they are walk-on dry within 6 hours.
Alternatively; Using fans, opening windows in any rooms cleaned and turning your air conditioning or heating system on, depending on the time of year, can help accelerate drying time. You may walk on your carpet immediately after cleaning, but avoid wearing street shoes, as they may re-soil your carpet. We suggest wearing clean rubber soled shoes or by putting a plastic bag around your shoes until the carpet is dry. Be especially careful when walking from damp, carpeted areas on to non-carpeted areas to avoid slipping.
Which Type of Cleaning Is Best: Dry Cleaning, Steam, or Hot Water Extraction?
The two most popular cleaning techniques are hot water extraction (also known as Steam Cleaning) and dry cleaning. McArdles have different cleaning options and will choose the one that works best for your situation. Having said that most carpet cleaning companies recommend hot water extraction as their preferred method as it provides deep clean and effectively removes soil/dirt from your carpet. However, there are some situations (e.g. busy offices) where a quicker drying method may be more convenient and still produce impressive results.
What is the difference between dry cleaning and steam cleaning carpets?
Dry cleaning is a surface clean, which dries almost immediately, however, will leave a sticky chemical residue. The carpets will continue to look better each time the floor is vacuumed afterwards as the residue is continually removed. Steam cleaning is a more powerful deep clean but can take a little longer to dry (still same day dry). Steam cleaning is a deeper, more penetrating cleaning method. It is very effective with heavily soiled carpets.
It uses carpet shampoo and water to extract dirt from your carpets and is completely safe for humans and pets. Drying time is between two to eight hours, depending on the level of soiling, weather and air circulation. It is the method recommended by the Wool Marketing Authorities and all the main carpet manufacturers. It is the only system recognised by the Australian /NZ standards as being the best restorative cleaning system.
How long does the carpet take to dry?
In summer time the drying times are going to be quicker then in winter, in saying that we have developed the ‘premium care package’ with additional drying steps included in the steps and process. The carpet will only be damp to the touch. Drying times vary, depending on many factors, the amount of soiling within the carpet, the length of the pile, airflow and the temperature both inside and outside the property. One of our staffs’ fundamental skills is their ability to clean carpets thoroughly, leaving the carpets as dry as possible. Most clients report that their carpets are completely dry within 1 to 2 hours with the premium carpet cleaning service.
Should I have my carpet dry cleaned or steam cleaned?
As mentioned earlier, most major carpet manufacturers now recommend hot water extraction (steam cleaning) as the preferred method. Like the laundering of your clothing, steam cleaning is highly effective in removing soil and other contaminants from your carpet. It is one of five carpet cleaning processes that are officially recognised as an industry standard.
To most people “dry cleaning” means cleaning without water. The fact is that most carpet cleaning advertised as “dry” cleaning uses anywhere from a little to a lot of water! That’s because most of the soil in your carpet is water soluble. For the most part that means better results with a wet cleaning process. On the other hand, each cleaning process has its place given the circumstances. For most of, many of residential customers, steam cleaning will deliver the most effective results.
At McArdles, we offer most of the industry standard cleaning processes. Each method can be effective depending on the right circumstances. For those who prefer a dry-cleaning process, we offer “Encapsulation Cleaning” “Encapsulation Cleaning” is a unique and effective process that delivers excellent results with minimum water use. Drying times are brief with an average of 1 to 2 hours for our premium clean service.
Does your cleaning process soak the backing of the carpet?
No, although our process rinses the carpet deep down, moisture does not penetrate the backing of the carpet. With our powerful truck-mounted equipment (“the best’’), your carpet is thoroughly rinsed but left only damp to the touch.
What does it mean to “clean to the standards?”
In 1992, representatives from the carpet manufacturing industry, the carpet cleaning industry, and the federal government all agreed upon a common set of standards for the carpet cleaning industry. These standards are now referred to as the CRI standards. McArdles offers these methods and can select the process that’s right for your needs.
It was agreed that each of these cleaning processes should include these standard steps:
2. Pre-treat spots, stains and heavily soiled areas
3. Hot Water Extraction
4. A thorough rinse
5. Furniture Moving
6. Complete Drying within 24 hours
Cleaning your carpet following these industry standards will help assure that you’ll get a quality cleaning job.
The McArdles Premium Care Cleaning service” exceeds these specifications. In addition to these steps, the McArdles Team has powerful truck-mounted equipment combined with our exclusive “Quick-Dry” process which reduces drying time to only a few hours.
How often should I clean my carpets?
When cleaned and maintained correctly, carpet life is significantly extended. We recommend that your carpets are cleaned every six to twelve months in a domestic situation and more often in a commercial property. Remember, even when carpets don’t appear to be particularly dirty, it’s the unseen soils, bacteria and allergens that cause the real damage both to your carpets and to your personal health. To keep your carpets looking their best and lasting the test of time, regular vacuuming of the carpet (at least once a week) is advised. You an ask about our regular maintenance system to help you forget about cleaning the house, and leave it up to us!
Will cleaning my carpet remove all the stains?
Our Carpet cleaning service is guaranteed to clean your carpet! Unfortunately, some substances will permanently discolour carpet fibres. These substances include bleach, very old urine stains and some permanent inks/dyes. In these instances, there is nothing that can be cleaned out. Much is the same as an iron burn. You can ask about our stain treatment service.
How long should I stay off my carpet after a professional steam clean?
This depends on the type of carpet, the weather and how soiled the carpet is. Some carpets dry under two hours and others may take three to eight hours to dry completely. Rapid evaporation is the key to quick drying times. This can be achieved with our dry padding service or using air movers, by keeping the windows open or turning ceiling fans on. For the fastest drying times, we recommend our Premium Care Carpet Cleaning Service.
Why is vacuuming so necessary?
Soil or dirt plays a huge role in wearing down your carpet prematurely. To prolong the life of your carpet it is ideal to vacuum at least once a week. If you have pets, allergies or children, a steam clean is recommended for your carpets at least three times a year.
How to Choose a Reputable Carpet Cleaning Firm
Not all carpet cleaning companies are alike. In fact, the difference in the quality of service from one cleaning service to another can be astounding. With so many claims and diversity of equipment and technology available, how do you go about choosing the right carpet cleaning company?
It can be difficult because there are usually many choices available. The following are a few guidelines to follow that can help you make the correct option:
Be careful when selecting a carpet cleaner to attend your landlord’s properties. In the carpet cleaning, there is so much variation of what you get for your money; it’s important to know what to look for.
Please find some things that are important:
- Make sure you are choosing a Trained Professional –
Carpet cleaning is an ever-changing field. Skilled professional carpet cleaners are aware of such changes and continuously improve the services they offer. Make sure the carpet cleaner you choose is professionally schooled and trained and ask whether that schooling is updated on a regular basis. The finest equipment alone does not guarantee results. Be sure the carpet cleaner has at minimum a basic certification level to ensure they know what chemicals to use on what carpets, how much water to use, how to treat stains etc. McArdles technicians are all IICRC qualified and are educated weekly with continuing education with the Australian Cleaning and Restoration Academy.
- Equipment – Can the equipment do the job? McArdles has invested heavily in equipment; we have top of the line high powered portable and truck mounted carpet cleaning machines. Along with this, we have rotary scrubbers, rotary jet cleaning wands, we have taken carpet cleaning to the next level!
- How the cleaner will clean the carpets – The cleaning procedure is critical, will the carpets be vacuumed for the price, will the carpets be agitated, does the carpet cleaner know about bacteria, urine treatments, and stains? McArdles offers a full-service solution to cater for every possible scenario within the industry, and we have the equipment to do it.
- Service Guarantee – If you’re not happy with the job, what will happen? In today’s world, a service guarantee is so important to ensure the quality of work. McArdles has a reputation to uphold, and we stand by our quality and service levels so that should there be any issues we would be more than happy to return at no additional charge to fix such problems.
- Customer Reviews & Recommendations. – Ask the carpet cleaning company for names of previous customers. Gauge how reluctant or eager they are at granting your request. Call the references and find out about their cleaning experience. Ask about the cleaner’s appearance, the manner of presentation, the condition of their equipment, ability to answer questions, etc. Find out if the overall cleaning experience was pleasant and would they go back to the same firm. Don’t forget to go online to review sites such as Google, and Facebook for more information.
At McArdles, we stand behind the quality of all areas of our services. We want you to feel comfortable enough to call us again when your carpets need cleaning.
Why Choose McArdles?
We at McArdles believe we fulfil all the requirements of a reputable, dependable, professional cleaning firm.
- Our technicians are schooled and trained in every facet of cleaning weekly and they attend schools to update their learning on a regular basis.
- We have completed our Wool Safe Certification.
- All our cleaning equipment is continuously maintained and updated according to the latest developments in the field.
- We can provide you with a list of satisfied customers in your area upon request and would be happy to do so.
- We appreciate any opportunity to visit with you and look forward to serving you.
Like all textile materials, the beauty and life of a carpet depend largely on the care it is given. Proper maintenance can add years of attractive life. Specific maintenance procedures for carpet are determined by the characteristics of where the carpet is installed. In general, though, proper maintenance involves regular vacuuming and periodic cleanings by professional methods.
While vacuuming maintains the surface appearance of a carpet and keeps the level of soil in the pile at an acceptably low level, it can only remove particulate soil and surface dirt. Therefore, other methods of cleaning are periodically required to improve the appearance of the carpet.
The ‘hot water extraction’ or ‘steam cleaning’ method of carpet cleaning is usually better than other methods for removing oils, grease, and other forms of matter that cause soiling on the carpet. It is best used by professional cleaners with trained personnel and equipment that is up-to-date and specifically designed for the safety of your indoor environment.
Our technicians come to your home or business fully equipped to perform whatever method of carpet cleaning (hot water extraction/steam cleaning, dry cleaning, etc.) is best for your situation. You can be assured they will provide you with the best possible service, backed by years of training and experience.
We stand behind the work we do. Our intention is to give you an experience you will be happy to repeat the next time your carpets need cleaning.
Why Not Do-It-Yourself Carpet Cleaning?
Like most decisions, the choice between having a carpet cleaned professionally and doing it yourself is frequently based on financial considerations. Electing to use a rental unit rather than a professional cleaner may end up being ‘pennywise and dollar foolish’. More times often than not the cost of hiring your carpet cleaning equipment is not worth the savings.
Before deciding to ‘do-it-yourself’, several points should be considered:
- Carpet cleaning is an intricate process. Carpet cleaning by ‘do-it-yourself’ methods may not enhance the appearance to the desired level. Consumers, in most cases, have had little or no previous experience operating the machines.
- There is a good possibility of misuse and/or overuse. Machines that can be rented for ‘do-it-yourself’ cleaning, such as shampooing and/or hot water extraction or ‘steam’ cleaning, can leave some residue on the carpet. If the carpet is shampooed many times, the residue can accumulate, leading to various problems, such as severe foaming on later cleanings, stickiness, an increased attraction to soil, etc.
- Successful cleaning by rental machines is largely dependent on the experience of the operator. Improper use can leave the carpet overly wet, causing possible backing delamination, odour from development of mould/mildew fungi, cellulose browning, colour run, shrinkage, and other related problems. This can happen, especially in areas of repeated high-volume use, or ‘traffic areas.’ One or two passes of the cleaning wand may not be sufficient to enhance the appearance of such areas. Attempts to clean them repeatedly can cause over wetting and its attendant problems.
- ‘Do-it-yourself’ cleaning by the dry-absorbent compound method will not cause such problems as over wetting, colour run, shrinkage, etc. But it, too, can mean some headaches. If the final vacuuming operation is not thorough, some of the powder will be left in the carpet pile. With repeated cleanings, enough cleaning compound can accumulate to cause some discoloration by its own presence.
The obvious conclusion is that carpet cleaning by ‘do-it-yourself’ methods is not a substitute for professional cleaning. It can, at best, merely postpone the need or reduce the frequency of professional cleanings. Rental units lack adequate power and consumers usually lack the expertise to succeed in properly maintaining carpet and prolonging its attractive life.
Why do prices vary with other carpet cleaners?
When comparing prices, we are the best value for money carpet cleaners within the carpet cleaning industry. Please bear in mind that we are professionally trained/certified, are fully insured with over 20 years of experience in the industry, have the best professional truck mounted equipment and accessories available and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Our price also includes full analysis/treatment of all spots/stains, free sanitising and deodorising, we don’t rush our work, and we use furniture protectors and corner guards to look after your home and furnishings when using our cleaning equipment. There are also no hidden fees or additional charges. There is a reason we are an industry leader, and that’s because we do things properly.