The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 or also known as CMEX5 is a strongly built, high quality digital moisture meter used for concretes or solid surfaces such as floors and slabs. It also measures Ambient Relative Humidity, Temperature, Dew Point, and Humidity Ratio (or Mixing Ratio) of the environment through the use of its Hygrometer feature. Aside from that, it also lets the user measure relative humidity in concrete as per ASTM F2170 by being able to attach wood pin probes or Tramex Hygro-i2 Relative Humidity Sensors through its bayonet plug-in port. To avoid further water damage, the external pin and Hygrometer best fit testing the following:
- concrete and flooring for professionals in the concrete coatings
- wood flooring
CMEX5 also offers the following features:
- using Gravimetric testing as a baseline, the CMEX5 shows an accurate moisture measurement result
- can measure concrete floors and slabs roughly 20mm deep
- offers quantitative Carbide Method equivalent readings for Concrete and Anhydrite/Gypsum substrates and screeds
- compare readings by using two reference scales which best fits for moisture testing based on ASTM F2659
The use of the CMEX5 can be extended with the optional Concrete Moisture Probe which measures in-situ quantitative moisture content within the concrete to an extendable depth of up to 4″ (100mm).
Moisture Mapping & Data Documentation
In order to easily share data, CMEX5 results can also be used moisture mapping and gathering reports and data through the Tramex Meters App . Bluetooth connectivity to mobile devices also helps to GeoTag test results, create, save and share photos.