Top Up Treatments for Protectors
If your previously protected carpet is beginning to show wear and tear, you may be able top up the protector on it. Were you aware that your carpet originally came with protection applied to it? Over the years, it may begin to wear off because of people walking on the carpet and general wear. A top up protector can be applied to maintain and extend the lifetime of your carpet.
In order to understand the benefits, you need to understand how exactly protectors work.
When protectors like Bridgepoint Maxin and Guardsman are applied to fibres, they create an increased surface tension. This means that any liquid spilt upon it will find fewer spaces to enter the fibre’s surface. If they cannot penetrate the fibres and merely bead or pill up on carpet and fabrics, they are much simpler to clean up. This way, they are unable to stain.
BridgePoint Maxim or Guardsman penetrate and envelope the fibre fully and easily. If a spill is dropped from higher above the carpeting, it will still move toward the case of the carpet and base of the fibres. However, with protector, the entire fibre is fully protected and the spill is contained and so easy to clean up.
Benefits of Protectors
- Carpets and fabrics will stay clean and look newer for longer, since spills and dirt cannot penetrate the fibre. This means the fibres will look cleaner for a longer time, which is a great perk considering the large cost involved in carpeting a new home.
- Your carpets will last longer. Soil can cause early wear and tear to carpets. After awhile, high foot traffic areas will ‘ugly out’ and cannot be cleaned effectively any longer. They are then replaced well before they should be due, which can cost quite a bit of money. If you use BridgePoint Maxim and Guardsman alongside regular carpet maintenance like vacuuming, you can prevent ‘traffic lane’ areas from wearing out.
- Your carpet will clean better. Dry vacuuming will be much easier and more effective with protector. Spot cleaning will be much easier, as well. You will notice great results when cleaning customer carpets as well.
- BridgePoint Maxim and Guardsman offer the customer time to get to your stains before permanent staining and damage happens. You can sell spot remover to your customer to make sure that the right product is used to prevent stain setting.
- Protector One Year Warranty
The one year limited warranty for your carpet applies if your carpet and/or upholstery was cleaned professionally, followed by an application of BridgePoint Maxim/Carpet or Guardsman by our group, McArdles Cleaning Services. They hold that from one year after protector application, the carpet will be cleaned free of charge if any protected area shows stains from water based or oil based liquids during normal use. The staining must not be removable by using the Consumer Spotting Kit after McArdles Cleaning Services stain removal procedures are used.
How to Remove Stains
You should blot off all liquids or scrape off any solids remaining that are possible to remove without damaging your carpet. From there, apply BridgePoint Avenue directly to the affected spot and blot with a towel or napkin. Repeat as you may need to. For upholstery, make sure to use BridgePoint Avenue to a napkin and blot directly. If the stain cannot be removed, you can make contact with McArdles Cleaning Services through the online contact form for a free spotting advise.
NOTE: Keep all proof of warranty as well as the receipt for the warranty to be honoured. McArdles Cleaning Services also needs to be contacted immediately in the next four days after the spill or stain.
Normal soiling from general, everyday usage.Carpet that is meant to be used in rental or commercial properties.Staining caused by bleaches, dyes, neglect, vandalism, floods or fires, acne medication, ink, or other abuse.Repetitive stains like pet stains.
It is necessary to identify different fibres to figure out best way to clean that individual fibre type. You would then be able to figure out the best cleaning method and product for the best results. You need to understand the characteristics of the fibre in order to figure out whether applying protector is actually worthwhile for your customers.
For example, it is not advised to apply protector to a polypropylene fibre, as it is not absorptive and floats in water. In order for protector to be beneficial, it needs to be absorptive.
As a part of the carpet and upholstery cleaning process our qualified and knowledgeable and trained technicians can come out and do an inspection on the area We at McArdles guarantee our service 100%; if you aren’t happy we will come back and re clean the area, and if your still not happy we will refund the money.